FTP, which stands for File Transfer Protocol, is a long-established standard that allows file transfers over the Internet. Doxtek uses an FTP site to distribute software, documents and other files.
Accessing Doxtek FTP
- Open File Explorer (or Windows Explorer)
- Click to select the Address bar. Type the FTP site’s address ftp://ftp.doxtek.com
- To open a folder, double-click its folder icon. The folder may take a bit longer to open because you’re working remotely
- To download a file from the FTP server, choose the file, right-click and select Copy (or Ctrl+C)
- Open a folder on your own computer, right-click and select Paste (or Ctrl+V) to paste
- The file is then copied from the FTP server to your own computer
- In the address bar type ftp://ftp.doxtek.com/upload
- When you first open the site, it will be empty
- To upload a file to the FTP server, choose the file on your own compter, right-click and select Copy (or Ctrl+C)
- Click in the FTP server window, right-click and select Paste (or Ctrl+V)
If you are unable to use File Explorer (or Windows Explorer) to open FTP, you may need to enable that feature in Internet Options.