Kofax Capture is very sensitive to version mismatches. If a workstation is off by even one fix patch, there is a strong chance that attempts to process batches on the workstation will result in difficult to decipher error messages.
Best practice when applying a service pack or fix pack is to apply it to all machines where Kofax Capture is installed. The order of installation is as follows:
- Install the base product (9.0, 10.0, 10.1, 10.2, etc...)
- Install the service pack (the most recent is recommended in general)
- Install the fix pack (the most recent is recommended in general)
- Install the fix patch if prompted by support.
- Install any separate extensions to Capture such as KTM, custom modules, or export connectors.
Each service pack includes fixes and features for all previous service packs and fix packs. Each fix pack includes fixes and features for all previous fix packs under the required service pack. Be sure that any fix packs are for the currently installed service pack.
The full version number of Kofax Capture can be used to easily determine which service packs and fix packs are installed. The format is:
As an example, version 10.0.2.11.0.5187 denotes that the installed version is Kofax Capture 10.0 with service pack 2 and fix pack 11.
Generally the fix patch and build are not necessary given that fix patches are somewhat rare, but it is best to provide the full version number just in case when contacting support.
As a side note, this standardized version numbering format began with Kofax Capture 9.0 service pack 2.